So here’s my 5 challenges for day 2:
1. 40 bags in 40 days–on the second day I cleaned the part of our pantry that holds all of our coats, grocery bags, shoes, etc. Basically, the mudroom. I swept up a lot of mud, took out boots and coats that didn’t belong anymore (see #3) and shoes that didn’t fit. I also found the flip flips for the kids that will fit this coming season. I really really want to make this more organized for the kids shoes since they have so many. They are small, but we are using oval wicker baskets– good for catching mud and not being hurt any by it, but bad because they don’t fit well under the square bench and we’re losing square footage. Any suggestions VERY welcome. Square buckets? I don’t know. But something else needs to happen because adult shoes don’t hardly fit there along with the laundry baskets, tiny coat rack, and the kids’ shoe baskets. The bench has become a holding place for things that need to go ‘out’ or ‘outside’ but no one but me takes care of them. So now it’s all out in the hallway, to be dealt with at another time.
2. Sweet-no sweets today. I was on the diet-ish for 3 days now and have lost 4.5 lbs. However, I had gained that much in about the week before that, so I’m not sure the diet is doing much or if it’s just that weight coming off. Either way, my husband is on this journey too, although he’s not restricting his food intake like I am.
3. I washed our clothes (no pants, ya’ll-I only have 2 I can wear out of the house and they were dirty) and then as a bonus washed all the kids coats and snow-veralls (I made that up) and put them away for the season. So I technically did 2 loads. I can see that happening on day 3 as well because muddy pants are the norm around here, and K is out of clean ones and diapers will need done, too. But at least I’ll be getting ONE done, which is the goal!
4. I prayed for people for whom it seems to be a cultural or religious issue WHO they love. Also for each of my kids and my spouse again for detailed reasons…
5. I took my toenail polish off. Shall I put on a color today? We’ll see! It’s just for me!
I love that you’ve added a be kind to yourself goal. I think that a lot of people (moms, especially) neglect to take care of themselves or take time for themselves and it really needs to happen to be good for the rest of your family!!!