A peek at the week….inside my womb:
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Baby is the size of a spaghetti squash
Shape: still looking like I’m carrying a lopsided watermelon
Food: I eat for hunger and not much else 🙁 no cravings at all
Least favorite thing: News from my doctor that I have placenta previa. No bed rest (at least not yet) but it does damage a LOT of plans.
Most favorite thing: Baby is starting to have wake/sleep cycles and so there’s not a random poking in there, as much as ‘hey mom, I’m awake, thanks for the chow’…
Mental state: It varies. My ultrasound for the baby was fine, but did show the placenta previa. I won’t get a chance to know if it’s ‘moved’ for 2 months. So I have a healthy baby (not very cooperative with the US) that is in constant danger of my placenta rupturing and killing us both. However, I have been told my normal stuff (mowing, laundry, etc) is fine to do. No aerobics, no strenuous activity, including the bedroom. So I’m moving slower. Deliberately. I’m not a very patient person. I like to have 2 states, quickly getting things done, and chilling out. Now it’s more like snail’s pace. I don’t really get a lot done, but I’m not resting either necessarily. Just going about things a bit more slowly. If the PP moves, everything will go normally, if not we could end up with a very small preemie. Any pain freaks me out. It’s very hard to enjoy the ‘honeymoon’ of pregnancy when there’s an ax hanging over your head. My husband is not worried. My doctor does not appear to be worried (in fact, she said she couldn’t wait to see what other weird stuff happens in future pregnancies for me…apparently I’ve hit the jackpot of weird crap in pregnancy, yee haw!)
- The shirts I sent to Susan made it, and then I mailed off my 6 tiniest prefolds for her to tie dye, too. They will be either used as diapers (if baby is tiny) or burp cloths if baby is huge.
- The cloth pads I ordered came in.
- We shopping for maternity clothes and I got a few items to help me make it through fall!
- I ordered a toy for the baby’s room and a couple of things for my toddler for birthday/Christmas/from the baby gift haven’t decided how that all falls out yet, but at least it’s something.
- We’ve started mentioning a new room and a new bed to the toddler. The big kid was reminded of how she needs to be a helper and if I ask her to pick up something, at least she does it, even if she growls about it. I’ve instituted ‘pick up toys before lunch’ policy and that tends to help keep the living room and kitchen tidier. We want to move the kid’s kitchen stuff upstairs to get it out of the way for the birthday party next weekend and as preparation for moving said toddler upstairs to the new room/play area YEAH! That still needs some consideration, but at least we’re thinking it over.
Love and prayers to you for the placenta previa! Try to meditate everyday.
I also recently ordered a cloth pad from Pink Lemonade, and so far I love it!
I had placenta previa with Amarah. It’s my understanding that it’s pretty common among women who have had c-sections, which Addison had been. It did eventually resolve itself on its own as I’m sure yours will too. 🙂
I would find slo-mo frustrating too, but if that’s what it takes to bring your little one into the world healthy, that’s what you do! I pray everything resolves itself and there is no danger to either one of you.
Let hubby do the heavy lifting when it’s time to room-shift!
I also hit the jack pot for weird stuff in pregnancy. I had 24/7 morning sickness the entire time and then developed an infection in the sac surrounding the baby at 34 weeks So I ended up delivering a preemie at 34 weeks. Everything worked out fine. Everything will be ok Good Luck and God Bless.
I find it so crazy how expensive maternity clothes are. They price them so high because they know you have no other options, you have to wear something! Sorry to hear about your placenta previa, hoping that both you and baby make it through just fine.
Those cloth pads are awesome! I used Prefolds for myself last time I was postpartum and I loved it. I tried to use some disposables and started to have a terrible reaction. As if you don’t already have enough pain during postpartum. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
I like your cloth pads! I recently started using cloth pantie liners. They work so much better than the disposable ones.
Try not to stress about the previa. I had my son at 31 weeks due to placental abruption so I know a bit about scary placenta things!! It can be incredibly scary, but trust that if something does happen to go wrong the doctors know what to do and will work fast to get things taken care of. AND you still have the chance that it will move!! Hang in there, mama and take it easy! 🙂
It looks like you got some cute clothes. I hated my maternity clothes! Praying the placenta previa resolves itself and you have a healthy pregnancy and baby!
I bought almost all my maternity clothes on Craigslist. I just couldn’t see spending so much money on things I would wear for such a short time! I did splurge on one nice dress that I wore for the holidays and my shower and dates with the hubby!
I meant to also say, sending you good vibes and hoping it all works out ok. I understand how hard it is to slow down, I had hypertension at the end of my pregnancy and it was awful being on bed rest!
I’m sorry about your placenta previa! On a lighter note, those pink lemonade pads are fantastic! 😀