A peek at the week….inside my womb:
Fruit/Veggie Comparison: Baby is the size of a spaghetti squash
Shape: still looking like I’m carrying a lopsided watermelon
Food: I eat for hunger and not much else 🙁 no cravings at all
Least favorite thing: News from my doctor that I have placenta previa. No bed rest (at least not yet) but it does damage a LOT of plans.
Most favorite thing: Baby is starting to have wake/sleep cycles and so there’s not a random poking in there, as much as ‘hey mom, I’m awake, thanks for the chow’…
Mental state: It varies. My ultrasound for the baby was fine, but did show the placenta previa. I won’t get a chance to know if it’s ‘moved’ for 2 months. So I have a healthy baby (not very cooperative with the US) that is in constant danger of my placenta rupturing and killing us both. However, I have been told my normal stuff (mowing, laundry, etc) is fine to do. No aerobics, no strenuous activity, including the bedroom. So I’m moving slower. Deliberately. I’m not a very patient person. I like to have 2 states, quickly getting things done, and chilling out. Now it’s more like snail’s pace. I don’t really get a lot done, but I’m not resting either necessarily. Just going about things a bit more slowly. If the PP moves, everything will go normally, if not we could end up with a very small preemie. Any pain freaks me out. It’s very hard to enjoy the ‘honeymoon’ of pregnancy when there’s an ax hanging over your head. My husband is not worried. My doctor does not appear to be worried (in fact, she said she couldn’t wait to see what other weird stuff happens in future pregnancies for me…apparently I’ve hit the jackpot of weird crap in pregnancy, yee haw!)
- The shirts I sent to Susan made it, and then I mailed off my 6 tiniest prefolds for her to tie dye, too. They will be either used as diapers (if baby is tiny) or burp cloths if baby is huge.
- The cloth pads I ordered came in.
- We shopping for maternity clothes and I got a few items to help me make it through fall!
- I ordered a toy for the baby’s room and a couple of things for my toddler for birthday/Christmas/from the baby gift haven’t decided how that all falls out yet, but at least it’s something.
- We’ve started mentioning a new room and a new bed to the toddler. The big kid was reminded of how she needs to be a helper and if I ask her to pick up something, at least she does it, even if she growls about it. I’ve instituted ‘pick up toys before lunch’ policy and that tends to help keep the living room and kitchen tidier. We want to move the kid’s kitchen stuff upstairs to get it out of the way for the birthday party next weekend and as preparation for moving said toddler upstairs to the new room/play area YEAH! That still needs some consideration, but at least we’re thinking it over.