Way back in 2008! when we started researching cloth diapers, the newest kid on the block with the most ‘brags’ was the bum genius brand. Back then the 3.0 was all the rage, and it’s only been improved with the 4.0 version. I prefer pocket diapers for nighttime or naps/traveling when I know we’ll need extra absorbency. This diaper includes newborn (from my experience ~10 lbs to 15ish lbs) and regular (all ages) inserts, which can then be combined for more absorbency as your baby grows. If you have hard water and/or microfiber holds ‘the stinkies’ for you, you can always use a different insert such as a prefold, flat, or hemp or bamboo combination inside the pocket–whatever works for you! I happen to appreciate that the Cotton Babies stores are local to us and employ workers in our area in the stores and the warehouse. I snagged the giveaway diaper when I made a purchase at one of their ‘parties’ maybe for the Great Cloth Diaper Change? I had to buy a certain amount, and then the diaper was ‘free’ to me. Nice for one of you, right? On to the giveaway–be sure to check the linky below for all the links to the giveaways, they’ll be ‘live’ by mid-morning of the 1st and go until midnight on the 14th/15th! Be sure and stop by and visit Etta and Jenny for the grand prize giveaway and to thank them for hosting this awesome event!
Every single day I am THANKFUL for cloth diapers.
1. I am thankful that my daughter has a little more padding when she falls down as she learns to walk.
2. I’m thankful that we are saving money every single day.
3. I am thankful that I don’t have to worry about different sizes too much, or running out of diapers.
4. I am thankful for yet one more set of hand-me-downs from our oldest that keep us going from year to year without having to buy ‘new’ of everything.
5. I am thankful that I can just shop online and skip running to the store once a week because we’re run out of something diaper-related.
6. I am thankful for the cloth diaper community, which is so close-knit, friendly, and helpful.
7. I am thankful for giveaways, like this one, that can TRULY help diaper a baby for a year.
8. I am thankful that I have been lucky, and can pass some ‘bonuses’ on to others.
9. I am thankful that cloth diapers ease potty training.
10. I am thankful that cloth diapering has taught me to be more sustainable, and opened doors to alternatives I didn’t know existed.
11. I am thankful that cloth diapers are beautiful, coordinate with any outfit, and spark conversations with soon-to-be-friends.
12. I am thankful that fewer chemicals are touching my baby’s tush.
13. I am thankful for diaper laundry (yes, the dirty part!) that reminds me to keep going on the chores that seem mindless, but provide important care for my family.
14. I am thankful for old (and hopefully new!) cloth diapering readers that will stick around and visit with my sassy, happy girls and #teamshoemaker in the coming year!
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EMAIL IN THE FIRST ENTRY ON RAFFLECOPTER, OR I’LL RE-DRAW. THANKS!
I received no product OR compensation from a company explicitly for the purpose of promotion, this is a self-sponsored giveaway. As always, this is my blog and I tell you the truth. My humble way of saying, the opinions are my own, and may differ from yours, so use your best judgement in every purchase decision you make--wise in these economic times, right?
haha! I am thankful my kids are officially out of diapers! Hooray.
Hi NaBloPoMo neighbor (on the list that is…). I JUST started cloth diapering a few months ago and I’m happy about it for many of the same reasons as you. I’m on kid #3 and I wish I did it earlier, I feel so much better about my cloth choice :)I’m not 100% but I’m basically down to 2 disposables (or less) a day.
I would so like to win this for my daughter who is expecting any day now and is going to use cloth diapers for my first grandbaby. thank you!
Congrats to Christina D, who won this giveaway! I had issues with rafflecopter choosing more than 1 winner and I didn’t want someone to think there were 2 due to a user error (that would be me, because I’m new to rafflecopter ;-).)