- It’s cold and has snowed here, common myth (at least in my house) is that it will snow the # of times that corresponds with the first snow. It snowed on the 30th (It’s going to be a long winter).
- We’re battling with heating bills, not sure if the furnace isn’t working right, or what.
- Matt’s working on the house again tomorrow, he invited his buddy and family over to help.
- Thus, I spent the whole day today cleaning the house for guests. Fun.
- Then I made a pork roast so we could ‘stop’ work and grab a bbq sandwich and get back to work. Apparently ‘they’ had already made lunch plans to go OUT. Yeah, so I can see about 2 hours of work getting done tomorrow. Lovely. Glad I was informed before I went to the trouble. Men.
- I HAVE CHRISTMAS CARDS. IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
- I normally send out about 20 and I have 50 free cards, so if you want a cute picture of a kid from miles away, well I’ve got a whole card full of them with updates about our year!
- I’m hosting Fun Monday on Mondays in the month of December, feel free to play along!
- Sunday will be football day, and perhaps a day for my hubby to do his homework. I hope. Also, church, but that’s a given, unless we’re sick. Or too lazy.
- Perhaps it will also be a ‘decorating’ day! I hope! So far we have mistletoe, which has led to a lot of kisses, but not much else.
- Get your minds out of the gutter.
- I’m 99% done with my Christmas shopping. I need to dig out the stockings and figure out what to ‘stuff’ them with.
- My daughter is licking the walls of her bedroom when she’s supposed to be napping. I know it’s probably because she’s not tired yet, but I’m tired of her. I know that’s patently awful to say, but she’s a TWO year old. I feel like all I say is ‘don’t touch that’, ‘get out of there’, ‘NO I Just CLEANED that’ and so on. I’m tired of my own voice after lunch and just want some peace and quiet.
(note I pulled her crib away from the wall so she couldn’t lick it)
peace and quiet sponsored by Sesame Street, the letters P and Q (mind them) and the number zero as in SHHHH!
- I’ve been wearing my husband’s work sponsored pedometer. It works a lot better than the $5 cheapy I got from Wal-Mart a few years ago. I’ve been trying to get over 5,000 steps a day and working towards 10,000. I’m at 9296 today, not bad. Cleaning will do that.
- I’m getting some more Flings bins for my holiday party (gratis) and apparently convinced them to also donate some to the Salvation Army Angel Tree program that I worked with last year to hold wrapping paper and such while they are wrapping. Cool, right? We’ll see how that goes!
- My daughter’s felt food production is going pretty well. I’m kind of at a standstill, I’m not sure else what to make. Please enter your suggestions in the comments. So far we have: A roast turkey with removable drumsticks, 2 pretzels, 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of cheese (cheddar and swiss), a piece of lunchmeat ham, 5 carrots (anyone have anything they want to trade carrots for?), 11 assorted fruit wedges/slices, 4 apple wedges that velcro together (thinking I need a fifth to round it out), 2 fried eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, a strawberry, an apricot, 4 cookies and I have 4 wooden eggs-purchased, not made. So… suggestions?
- I’ve made 5 weeks of cookies and have 3 weeks to go. I’m thinking gingersnaps, snickerdoodles, and ? I also need to make 2 kinds of fudge, chex mix and muddy buddies, rice krispie treats… and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee…
- I now have 7 GFC ‘friends’ YEAH! Thanks for humoring me.
- I think I’m out of bullet points and need to go do something for myself! Have a good weekend everyone, and remember, I’m blogging every day for December and the rest of the year too, hopefully, so come back and visit often!
Okay fine, a picture, then! These felt food pretzels are of my own design.
Okay a kid picture.. you’ve twisted my arm like I twisted the pretzels… 😉