My friend Stacy has shared a Butterfinger cookies recipe with me. Now I’ll share it with you!
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
* 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 5 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
3. Add egg whites; beat well.
4. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla.
5. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
6. Stir in candy bars.
7. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies just start to turn brown.
9. Do not over bake!
10. Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes, before transfering to a wire rack.
11. Cool completely.
You really DO have to let them sit a few minutes on the pan before moving them. There’s so much peanutty goodness that the cookies stay super soft for several minutes fresh out of the oven. My cookies ended up being fairly huge. Instead of 48 we had something more like 24. Half went into the freezer, the other half are on the counter. My container is getting full and I’m not even 1/2 way through my weeks yet. Uh oh!