Hoosier Girl is the hostess for Fun Monday. She says: The inspiration was “10 on Tuesday–Show us or tell us what you love about fall – images, smells, sights, activities. You’re getting 15! Please watch the clip it only takes a few seconds!
1. The crisp, clean air that makes you want to add another layer.
2. Dried leaves, skating across a sidewalk with a scratching sound.
3. Trick-or-treaters in real costumes.
4. Getting cozy under a blanket.
5. Orange is everywhere.
6. Soup and sandwich season. ***
7. Football makes me happy.
8. Trees with 1 or 2 blazing colored leaves, then suddenly, it catches fire!
9. Permission to drink hot chocolate.
10. Thinking about turkey and noodles, dressing, and everything we have to be thankful for this year, and in the holiday season to come.
(Now that I see this picture, I think the only time we had noodles last year was at the church Fall Social, about 2 weeks before I gave birth, and I was REALLY disappointed that someone else scoped them for leftovers and I didn’t get any to take home)…This was my first attempt at a Thanksgiving dinner. Not too bad, really.
11. Picking up corn (gleaning) after the farmers harvest their fields, to put back for nature’s friends. Just taking those muddy steps is therapy to me. Ahh!
12. Fall is when any place you are feels like home.
13. The homecoming parade at WIU and the band playing “Georgia” in front of the Alumni House. They literally bend over backwards for their crowd. Search Marching Leathernecks on you tube for more.
14. Poking your partner with cold toes, and then cuddling up together.
15. That smell, in the air, you know what I mean?
*** Does anyone know where to find decent soup/sandwich sets? There used to be nice ones from Fiesta (I emailed their company only to be told they don’t make them anymore) in bright colors…