It’s getting better all the time…

Okay, checked out the incision. About 2-3 inches on either side of the belly button. Yup, straight across. Should make for an interesting scar. Or Keeley’s topic about something about her mom ‘she has no belly button’. Rolling eyes here. Anyway, apparently no seepage, drainage or blood, dressings have been checked and appear just whistle-while-you-work clean. Good, right?

The first night I realized I wasn’t needing the codeine/tylenol during the night, but took it upon getting into bed after nighttime run. Gave up after 36 hours. Has been almost as many hours (right about now) of being off of it and my digestion is starting to clear up. It hurts. Nuff said. Regular tylenol taken a couple of odd times seems to do okay for it. Besides, the other stuff goes through the milk, dammit, of course we realized it too late, but seemed to provide no side effects, despite a calm call to the pharmacy Sunday morning.

Keeley is avoiding me for the most part, except for nursing time. She loves her nursing time. Unfortunately in the under 24 hours she wasn’t nursing, she learned how to ‘chew’ on her cup with milk in it. Guess who has sore bewbs? If you are guessing me, you’d be right. At least she’s still getting her milk, I guess. Just wish she didn’t think she needed to chew in order to get it.

We had help Friday, Saturday, and Today. Matt and I roughed it yesterday and it was a fairly calm day. He’s taking tomorrow and most of  Wednesday off to make sure I’m good after the doctor’s visit to get back to business as usual. I still can’t lift baby girl up from the floor, but maybe in a couple of days. I took a short walk today and I am getting around a lot better, in and out of bed, etc.

As long as I remind myself not to use my abs, I do just fine. Unfortunately, not sure how to remind Keeley not to KICK me in the stomach area. So far, so  good, but I haven’t been holding her much either.

So, in short, I’m getting better. I hope in a couple of days to get doctor’s clearance to work out Keeley’s care for myself. It will be annoying, but we’ll manage. Especially if I can get her to nap (special annoying glance at the ceiling, for waking her up 45 minutes into her nap this afternoon, dammit)..

On a more positive note, I got cards from a family member, a friend (thanks Stacy!) and a ‘cookie bouquet’ from another friend. Haven’t gotten in that yet. Also special thanks to the grandmas and husband for helping out, my mom and friend ‘G’ for bringing food. Mmmm.


  1. Glad you’re hanging in there. I tore some ankle ligaments and needed crutches for a week or so the summer Harper was about seven-eight months old. I’m sure my pain was not as difficult as yours, but figuring out how to take care of her was sure interesting for a little while. I guess the point is that mothers seem to find a way to work around almost anything!

    Before you know it this experience will be just a fuzzy memory. 🙂

  2. Valerie

    Glad to hear everything went well! Sounds like you are on the road to recovery!! You’ll be back to your normal self in no time! 🙂

  3. Stacy Wolfmeyer

    Glad it’s all going relatively well! I wish I could have been around to help. It would have been fun! I also wish I had thought of the cookie bouquet – what a fun thing that would have been to get!!!!!! Looking forward to playing more once your help clears out! I think recovering from surgery is a great excuse….I mean reason….to relax and play a while!!!!! Hugs to you all!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *