Candid Karina is hosting fun Monday. This week’s assignment: The items we cannot leave home without. What weighs down our purses and pockets.
I would list 6 items that I would always carry in my purse.
1. kleenex- for sad songs, weddings, funerals, and other non-sappy emergencies
2. gum- for fresh breath, boredom, or keeping onself awake
3. cell phone- for keeping in touch
4. keys- obviously
5. pill container- it’s a little tupperware bowl and I used to keep it stocked with excedrin migraine. Since I gave up caffeine it has sinus pills and tylenol extra strength in it. It’s such a small container and very handy
and last but not least…lately I’ve been keep these from this website
6. Ripples cards-they are inspirational cards with quotes on them that you hand out to people who inspire you or maybe to someone who needs your support. You can sign up at the Ripples website for a (very) brief Monday inspirational quote newsletter. Today’s issue and subscription information is below:
Ripples v9.44: Walls or Windmills?
10/29/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project
PEBBLE: When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.-Chinese proverb, submitted by Kathleen H-D., Kansas City
BOULDER: It takes a lot of courageto release the familiar and seemingly secure,to embrace the new.But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.There is more security in the adventurous and exciting,for in movement there is life, andin change there is power.-Alan Cohen, submitted by Dana A. Neillsville WI
PONDER: I chose this week’s theme for a few people I know who are making some big decisions this week and for anyone else who is facing change.Halloween is upon us, so let me say it this way: If fear is attempting to TRICK you into building walls, give yourself a TREAT by pondering the magnificent possibilities that “winds of change” might be carrying your way. Perhaps a windmill may be more useful tool than a wall to harness the power of the wind.Good luck, and good skill in making your decision!Peace,Paul